- Why Does My Lenovo Laptop Have a Screen Glitch?
- How to Fix Lenovo Laptop Screen Glitch?
Hey there, Lenovo laptop users! Some of you might be experiencing a little hiccup with your screens. No biggie, we’ve got you covered! Our innovative Lenovo laptops are bound to have some quirks here and there, but don’t worry; we’ll get you back up and going in no time.
So let’s dive in and know how to fix Lenovo laptop screen glitch.
Why Does My Lenovo Laptop Have a Screen Glitch?
There can be several reasons why your Lenovo laptop screen is glitching. Some possible causes include:
- Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers: First off, those pesky graphics drivers might be to blame. If they’re outdated or incompatible with your system, it could cause some major screen glitches.
- Hardware issues: But it’s not just the drivers; hardware issues could also be culprits. Loose connections, damaged cables, or even a faulty graphics card can all contribute to your screen issues. It’s like your laptop is going through a midlife crisis, and everything is falling apart!
- Overheating: Your laptop might be too hot to handle, causing the graphics card to malfunction and give you some funky display problems.
- Software conflicts or malware: One reason could be software conflicts or malware on your laptop. We know it’s not the most exciting to discuss, but it’s possible.
- Incorrect display settings: Incorrect screen resolution, refresh rate, or color calibration settings can cause screen glitches. This can happen if the settings are manually changed or set incorrectly by default.
- Physical damage: Finally, physical damage can also cause glitches in the display. Did you drop your laptop recently? Maybe spilled a drink on it? These things happen, but unfortunately, they can cause some serious damage.
To determine the exact cause of the screen glitch on your Lenovo laptop, it’s recommended to perform troubleshooting steps such as updating drivers, checking for hardware issues, running antivirus scans, and ensuring correct display settings. If the issue persists, contacting Lenovo support or seeking professional assistance may be necessary to diagnose and fix the problem.
How to Fix Lenovo Laptop Screen Glitch?
Fix 1: Check if Task Manager Glitches
Let’s figure out if the display driver or some app is causing your Lenovo laptop screen to glitch. This step is essential unless, of course, you want to smash buttons randomly and hope for the best.
So, how do we do this? Simple! Please peek at the Task Manager and see what information it gives you.
If Task Manager is also glitching, it’s likely a problem with your graphics driver. But if Task Manager is steady and only the rest of your screen glitches, then some pesky incompatible app is probably causing the issue. So, go ahead and get done with that app or update your graphics driver, and let’s keep that screen stable. How? We’ll let you know.
Fix 2: Update Your Graphics Drivers
If you’re experiencing glitches with your Task Manager, your graphics driver is likely the culprit. To fix this issue, the very first step you should take is to update your graphics drivers.
Follow these steps to update your graphics card driver:
- Type “Device Manager” in the Search bar to open the Device Manager window.
- Open the Display Adapters section in the window and right-click on the graphics driver you want to update.
- Select the “Update driver” option from the context menu.
- In the following popup, select the option to Search automatically for drivers.
- Wait while the computer scans for any available updates for the driver. If an updated version is found, proceed with the installation by following the instructions on the screen.
Fix 3: Update BIOS
If you’re facing this issue, you can update your BIOS. But hold your horses, partner! Before you do that, remember that any mistake made while updating the BIOS can cause data loss and a system crash to your laptop, and nobody wants that, especially not your data. So, make sure you’ve backed up your data before updating.
To update your BIOS on a Lenovo laptop, follow these steps:
- Visit the Lenovo support website.
- Search for your specific product model. Alternatively, you can use the “Detect Product” or “Browse Product” options.
- In the “Drivers & Software” tab, navigate to “Manual Update” and select “BIOS/UEFI.”
- If a BIOS Update is available, click the arrow icon under “See Files” to access the BIOS Update package.
- Download the BIOS Update package to your laptop by clicking on it.
- Once the download is finished, locate the downloaded file (usually with a .exe extension) and double-click on it.
- Pursue the on-screen instructions to install the BIOS update on your laptop.
- After the installation is finished, restart your laptop.
Check if the screen glitch or glitching issue is resolved.
Fix 4: Run SFC
Sometimes, the graphics drivers you’ve downloaded might fail to install on Windows, causing the screen glitching issue. So, why not try doing an SFC scan to detect and fix faulty system files? It’s a simple solution that has helped many people with the same issue. Here are the steps to follow:
- Search for the “Command Prompt” on the Windows search box, right-click its icon, and select Run as administrator.
SFC /scannowin the command prompt window and press Enter to execute it.
- Wait for the scan to finish. It might take a few minutes.
- Once the scan is completed, your screen should work properly.
Fix 5: Uninstall an Incompatible App
One possible cause is an app conflict, which means an app can’t get along with your laptop’s operating system. Unfortunately, it can happen to the best of us. The most rapid way to fix this is to uninstall the incompatible app. Simple as that!
Now, don’t get too excited just yet. Unfortunately, this tip won’t work if you’re running Windows 10. Sorry, folks, you’ll have to endure the glitching longer. But for those lucky enough to have upgraded to Windows 11, listen up!
Users have reported that certain pre-installed apps like 3D Viewer, OneNote, Paint 3D, and Skype are incompatible with Windows 11.
However, if you’ve already downloaded these apps from the Microsoft Store, don’t worry. Just uninstall them, and your glitching screen problems may disappear!
To uninstall an app on your Lenovo laptop and potentially resolve screen-related issues, follow these steps:
- Tap on the Start menu, and then jump on Settings.
- In the Settings window, choose the “Apps” option.
- From the Apps settings, select “Apps & features.”
- Scroll down until you get the app you want to uninstall.
- Tap on the app, and then go for the “Uninstall” button.
- If a confirmation prompt appears, select “Yes” to confirm the uninstallation.
- Once the app is uninstalled, restart your Lenovo laptop.
- Check whether the screen issue has been resolved and whether the display functions correctly.
By following these steps, you can uninstall the specific app that is causing problems and restore the normal functionality of your Lenovo laptop screen.
Fix 6: Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
The nuisance may be caused by interference from pesky aliens or ghosts. The cable connection may be defective because it’s been chewed up by your pet hamster.
Here are some quick tips on troubleshooting hardware issues with your laptop.
- First things first, check if there’s no magnet around your laptop. We wouldn’t want your screen to blink like it’s winking at you constantly, would we?
- Secondly, give your screen a gentle swing and see if it glitches. If it does, you should remove the cover of your laptop and reconnect the cables inside.
It’s most suitable to leave it to the pros at Lenovo if things don’t work out. Instead, contact their official support for help or to repair or replace your laptop. Don’t worry, and they’ll take good care of it!
Fix 7: Check Resolution Configuration
To solve the issue, follow these steps:
- Access the Windows settings menu.
- Navigate to “System” in the settings.
- Select “Display” within the system settings.
- Locate the option for “Display Resolution.”
- Adjust the resolution to your desired setting.
- Confirm the changes by clicking “Keep changes” in the pop-up dialog box.
Dealing with a screen glitch on your Lenovo laptop can be inconvenient, but with the troubleshooting steps we’ve discussed, you have the tools to resolve the issue. Whether it’s updating drivers, adjusting display settings, checking for hardware problems, or seeking professional assistance, you now have a roadmap to follow. Always approach each step cautiously, back up your essential data, and contact Lenovo support or qualified technicians if needed. By taking the necessary actions, you can restore your Lenovo laptop screen to its normal functionality and continue enjoying the seamless computing experience that Lenovo laptops are known for. So embrace the challenge, be patient, and eliminate those screen glitches!
My Lenovo laptop screen has lines or artifacts. What could be the cause?
Lines or artifacts on the screen can indicate a hardware problem such as a faulty graphics card or a damaged display cable. Professional assistance may be required to fix the issue.
Can overheating cause screen glitches on my Lenovo laptop?
Yes, excessive heat can affect the performance of your laptop’s components, including the graphics card. Ensure proper ventilation, clean the cooling system, and use the laptop on a flat surface to prevent overheating.
What if the screen glitch on my Lenovo laptop persists after trying various troubleshooting steps?
If the issue persists, it is advisable to contact Lenovo’s customer support for further assistance or consider consulting a professional technician who can diagnose and fix the problem.